Electric stoves are used widely all over the country. Some electric stoves come with coil burners and some with glass stovetops. Whatever you are using, you should clean your stove top regularly. Otherwise, it could be dirty and oily.
Cleaning an electric stove is very easy and doesn’t take much time. The best way to keep your stovetop clean is to do it frequently. By following our guidelines you can remove grease or any types of stains.
- 5 Steps to Clean Electric Stove Top with Baking Soda
- How to Clean Electric Stove Burners Coil
- Final Thoughts
- Common Questions Answered (CQA)
5 Steps to Clean Electric Stove Top with Baking Soda
Baking soda is a natural compound that is used for numerous purposes. It helps to remove dirt from the stove surface.
Things we need
- Cleaning cloth
- Baking Soda
- Liquid dish soap (optional)
1. Turn off the power line of your stove before starting the cleaning. Otherwise, it could be dangerous and harmful.
2. Check if the stove is cool enough, then apply liquid dish soap and rub it with the sponge to remove debris. Add water to make it soapy and rub well to remove the visible grime.
3. Now, apply baking soda with water to the stovetop. Always use warm water & wait up to 5 minutes.
4. Use a cleaning cloth to wipe the area. To avoid scratching on the stove surface, don’t rub vigorously.
5. Finally rinse the stovetop with clean water and use a soft cloth to dry it.
Cleaning electric stovetop with vinegar
Vinegar is a great natural source that is a combination of acetic acid and water. It also helps to remove a hard spot from the stovetop. Let’s see the working process.
- Apply vinegar to the stovetop and lay a wet towel over the vinegar.
- Seat back and wait for 15 minutes. Then rub the surface gently. If you found any spot left on the surface, use more vinegar.
- Finally, use a dry towel to rinse the stove’s surface. You can also use little water if needed.
How to Clean Electric Stove Burners Coil
Before starting the procedure, the stove should be unplugged from the electric line. Give it enough time to be cooled properly.
Removing electric stove burners coil
Slide out the burner gently to remove it from the stove. If you failed to remove it, we suggest you follow the manual provided with your stove. Don’t force it hard, it could be different to remove the burner from the stove.
Cleaning the burner coil
Apply a few dish wash with a soft cloth on the burner. Rub gently to remove the stains. If you found any tough spots to remove, use baking soda with water. Give it 15 minutes, then rub and rinse the burner. Finally, let them dry before reinstalling.
Cleaning the drip pans
If your drip pans are removable, remove them and clean them using baking soda. Use a soft cloth to rub and let them dry.
It should not take much time to clean your electric stove top and burner coil. The process is very easy. To keep your stove clean, try to clean it after every time you use the stove. It will take less than 2 minutes but will prevent stains and dirt.
Common Questions Answered (CQA)
Can I use vinegar and baking soda together?
If you found any spot hard to clean, then use vinegar & baking soda together. It helps to remove stains easily.
Can water damage the burner coil?
Water can damage the electrical connections. Be careful while cleaning.